Large captive bred Megasoma sleeperi

Here's a 40 mm male M. punctulatus that I reared about 5 years ago -

4F2BCE06A2.jpg

E8C373BC61.jpg

The largest punctulatus specimen I've ever seen was a captive reared of 47 mm (which is exceptional).

Based on my experience with sleeperi, I suspect that this species can reach approximately the same size as punctulatus under ideal environmental conditions, even though most wild-collected examples tend to be considerably smaller than captive reared ones (as is also the case with punctulatus).

On 7/4/2021 at 2:51 PM, Goliathus said:

Here's a 40 mm male M. punctulatus that I reared about 5 years ago -

4F2BCE06A2.jpg

E8C373BC61.jpg

The largest punctulatus specimen I've ever seen was a captive reared of 47 mm (which is exceptional).

Based on my experience with sleeperi, I suspect that this species can reach approximately the same size as punctulatus under ideal environmental conditions, even though most wild-collected examples tend to be considerably smaller than captive reared ones (as is also the case with punctulatus).

Oh my god! I remember this picture on a bugs in cyberspace listing a couple years ago I still was just catching beetles at the time because I never had the money.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:48 PM, Teneb said:

Oh my god! I remember this picture on a bugs in cyberspace listing a couple years ago I still was just catching beetles at the time because I never had the money.

Yes - I showed the photo to Peter, and he asked to use it on his website.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:48 PM, DynastesDee said:

Nice, did you find the females near lights or on mesquite trees. 

I checked some mesquite trees, but found all of the beetles at lights.