Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Help I have a millipede addiction!!! After multiple sightings of breeding  a small group of orthoporus ornatus has produced a 1st gen of cb babies!! The babies have already moulted once. I will give future updates and get more adults for this culture. I will also do a care and breeding guide in the future.
 

1743CA05-BB84-4A24-B566-73A48D0267D1.jpeg

Pictured below is one of the adults.

77FB4AD4-0764-4F81-806D-2115BA48B3FC.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ratmosphere said:

Very cool. You into keeping other species at well?

Yes I have lot of different millipedes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ratmosphere said:

You try your hand at AGB yet?

Not yet, haven’t found anyone selling any.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beetlesforlife3 said:

Cool. How did you do it?

I was pretty easy I’m going to make a care and breeding sheet soon. Probably next week 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah Its definitely not another sp. I have no round millipedes that live in my backyard, just some greenhouse millipedes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would be the first person to breed Orthoporus indoors. It seems unlikely as bigfoot but I'd be happy to trade for some. Also, from the number of legs and segments of the animal pictured it has molted at least 3 times if not a dozen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several people have posted about getting babies from their Orthoporus, accompanied with pictures of the babies. They look very similar to the babies in your picture so it's likely that they've been bred by several people already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucanus said:

Several people have posted about getting babies from their Orthoporus, accompanied with pictures of the babies. They look very similar to the babies in your picture so it's likely that they've been bred by several people already. 

Nice, I’m glad that I’m one of the few to produce babies!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lucanus said:

Several people have posted about getting babies from their Orthoporus, accompanied with pictures of the babies. They look very similar to the babies in your picture so it's likely that they've been bred by several people already. 

I've followed people posting baby Orthoporus for decades but every thread I've followed disappeared or turned into julids. That's why I mentioned big foot since I've heard many stories but never yet a confirmation. Do you have a link you can share for a previous solid documentation? Still if these are babies then it should be possible to raise them and go again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 5:21 AM, Dynastes said:

I've followed people posting baby Orthoporus for decades but every thread I've followed disappeared or turned into julids. That's why I mentioned big foot since I've heard many stories but never yet a confirmation. Do you have a link you can share for a previous solid documentation? Still if these are babies then it should be possible to raise them and go again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFzmHUvnoMa/?igshid=oyzpoo3r144j

 

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/baby-millipedes.306971/

 

Here's two

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucanus said:

From looking at those pictures I'd be hard pressed to believe either are Orthoporus, especially the instagram since there are almost certainly two different orders represented, neither of which appear to be Spirostreptida. The AB one is among my reference to disappeared threads since they never reached an appreciable size over a relatively long time and there was never an update with something bigger than a julid. Also, they are almost certainly julids because the smallest ones aren't the right shape to be that tiny for a large species.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dynastes said:

From looking at those pictures I'd be hard pressed to believe either are Orthoporus, especially the instagram since there are almost certainly two different orders represented, neither of which appear to be Spirostreptida. The AB one is among my reference to disappeared threads since they never reached an appreciable size over a relatively long time and there was never an update with something bigger than a julid. Also, they are almost certainly julids because the smallest ones aren't the right shape to be that tiny for a large species.

Orthoporus looks like giant Julids so i wouldn't be surprised if their babies looked like Julids too. Only time will tell I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found 3 today one was to fast to photograph! They are growing, and I keep finding more, who knows how many are under the soil. 

33FD4153-E262-4722-A304-BC0081A95F00.jpeg

61DFBCD1-58B1-4D04-88A1-B93EC5E4947E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...