Do they make a tiny sticker type tag to place on beetles for studies?

If the beetle is light colored you can also write on the elytra very carefully. When your working with various species of beetles and have many of the same kind, you will need to label them to keep track. Many people do this because they don't have the time to check on them everyday. 

Some tagged darkling beetles that were part of a study in the Namib Desert in the late 1970s; not sure how the markers are attached, but probably some kind of nontoxic glue that's safe to use on a beetle's elytra - 

Namib.jpg

Well, to track beetles, there has to be large enough group of people who are interested in to devote their time, and beetle itself has to travel long distance regularly to actually monitor them, but that's... rather impossible. Monarchs to travel a long distance regularly in multiple generations, so tagging them and monitoring them makes a lot of senses, but in case of beetles, they don't travel, and they don't really fly long period of time as butterflies do. Some scientific researches are done like how Goliathus has provided, as well as for military usage (drones), but I don't think any researches are done or being done currently just like how it is for butterflies.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, lionant said:

I wanted to track my beetles I have in my tanks , I have about 30 armatas and some BDB I want to track and keep a record of.

If you alone track it, you will have to attach something that can send out signal, which will require a power (battery) and antennae, and to run such program, a chip... Something high tech plus very tiny for the size of BDB can easily transport without any hassle. If you understand what I mean... the answer (or a way to do it) to that question will be pretty difficult..

Sorry, but I think we are talking two different things. When I was talking tracking, it was only visual. You are thinking of high tech tracking and computer chip. I like your thinking, but I was just thinking of only a sticker with a little number. Nothing fancy. My tank is 55 gallons , so it is not that big. After looking into it, I really don't think much will stick to them over time. But thanks for your thoughts.