Goliathus goliatus Care Info Still Relevent?

Acro

Is the care info for Goliathus goliatus from "For the Love of Rhinoceros and Stag Beetles Second Edition" still relevent on raising them? 

I know there have been several updates and new findings in their care, I'm just not sure if all that info came out before or after the book was written. 

If I try to raise these amazing beetles, I want to be sure I have the correct info needed!

On 11/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, Goliathus said:

That's a great news letter, there is also an article I have read it's a little difficult to find, but you can read it by typing the following-

insect-collection.com/invertebrate-caresheet/journal-of-a-goliathus-breeder/

I am pretty sure that rearing this species is an ongoing learning process, what helps are contacts and the experiences of others, nothing in the hobby is set in

stone and works every time for everyone.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:22 AM, kevink said:

That's a great news letter, there is also an article I have read it's a little difficult to find, but you can read it by typing the following-

insect-collection.com/invertebrate-caresheet/journal-of-a-goliathus-breeder/

I am pretty sure that rearing this species is an ongoing learning process, what helps are contacts and the experiences of others, nothing in the hobby is set in

stone and works every time for everyone.

I've known Acro 20 some years and my answer was a personal response to him. The nuances can be all the difference but they're almost never repeatable across different breeders.

Maybe you should use private messaging then. Personally, I'm sure things have changed a lot in 25 years. You come across as a little stuck on yourself.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:18 PM, Acro said:

Is the care info for Goliathus goliatus from "For the Love of Rhinoceros and Stag Beetles Second Edition" still relevent on raising them? 

I know there have been several updates and new findings in their care, I'm just not sure if all that info came out before or after the book was written. 

If I try to raise these amazing beetles, I want to be sure I have the correct info needed!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, kevink said:

Maybe you should use private messaging then. Personally, I'm sure things have changed a lot in 25 years. You come across as a little stuck on yourself.

Goliathus haven't changed in 25 years because today's stocks are primarily a few generations from wild-caught. I am stuck on the original methodology because it worked for more than 25 years for G. goliatus, G. orientalis, and G. albosignatus and multiple generations of hybrids, not because it worked once in the 1990s. Sandy soil is probably still better than clay for cells.

I posted my opinion to answer the original poster (it doesn't really matter if I know him/her or not). You do not have to agree with my opinion but bashing my opinion and me because I disagree with your opinion is uncalled for.