What are you Working With?

DynastesKing

Hercules?! I am so jealous! They are my favourite beetle by far!

I currently have 6 D. Granti, 3 males, 2 females and one male larva. This is my first time trying to rear beetles, but it seems to be going alright so far! I have a warrior beetle that laid an egg, the larva is doing quite well! I also have a great plains tiger, 2 ghost mantids and a couple of european mantids.

i am trying to breed a few ground beetles. i have gotten a bunch of eggs from harpalus pensylvanicus but have not seen any larva yet. have seen alot of mating in my harpalus affinis enclosure, mostly male and female :P but no eggs from them yet. also breeding eleodes armatus and eleodes hispilabris. i had a good sap beetle colony but it has crashed since the arrival of some weird looking mites :( have gotten f1 generation of tasgius melanarius (rove beetle) but they go through ALOT of isopods ( wich seems like the only thing they will eat.)

Hercules?! I am so jealous! They are my favourite beetle by far!

I currently have 6 D. Granti, 3 males, 2 females and one male larva. This is my first time trying to rear beetles, but it seems to be going alright so far! I have a warrior beetle that laid an egg, the larva is doing quite well! I also have a great plains tiger, 2 ghost mantids and a couple of european mantids.

picture of your warrior beetle setup would be nice :)

one of the harpalus pensylvanicus eggs just hatched! :D i put it in a small container with moist t.p. as cover and moist sand as substrate. hope i can rear it to adulthood! :)

oops forgot to mention i put a dead eleodes larva in with it and its eating happly!

I'm currently working with these guys (plus more)

Dorcus brevis

Lucanus capreolus

Lucanus elaphus

Platycerus oregonensis

Platycerus virescens

Dynastes grantii

Dynastes tityus

Hemiphileurus illatus

Phileurus truncatus

Phileurus valgus

Strategus aloeus

Strategus antaeus

Strategus splendens

Xyloryctes thestalus

Forgot to mention that I also have these guys

Chrysina beyeri

Gymnetis caseyi

Osmoderma eremicola

Hoping to successfully breed all the species listed above.

I am working with some Chrysina Beyeri, have around 8-9 larvae so far and a couple eggs. Hopefully will get some more out of this first generation which I haven't had for their first month. I am having some pretty good success with these beetles as it is my first time keeping anything besides roaches ^^ I haven't counted the larvae ratio recently so I might have some new eggs or larvae.

Thanks to this forum I have learned so much <3

I am working with some Chrysina Beyeri, have around 8-9 larvae so far and a couple eggs. Hopefully will get some more out of this first generation which I haven't had for their first month. I am having some pretty good success with these beetles as it is my first time keeping anything besides roaches ^^ I haven't counted the larvae ratio recently so I might have some new eggs or larvae.

Thanks to this forum I have learned so much <3

would be great if you introduce yourself to the forum :D