Hello from Lansing, Michigan

Hi everyone! I am very happy to join the forum. I am relatively new to beetle breeding and am excited to be able to have my questions answered by the pros. I currently have one L3 Goliathus Goliatus I purchased from Bugs in Cyberspace. He has quadrupled in size since I got him! I also have 2 Lucanus Elaphus larva, 3 Megasoma Sleeperi larva, 4 Dynastes Granti larva (about to be pupa), 3 Gymnetis Thula pupa, and a desert beetle tank. I have always been passionate about insects, but in the last couple years I discovered beetle breeding. I also enjoy pinning insects, Mantis breeding, Lepidoptera breeding, and love fishing. I am going to be starting high school next year so you could say I am a fairly young hobbyist. I am one of the few kids who would much rather be outside looking for bugs than indoors doing something boring. I don’t really know anyone else who has the same passions as me, but my family is starting to get into it. Thank you! 
-Nolen

Welcome to the forum! I joined the forum when I was around your age too! I didn't have much of a collection as you do now of course ;) It's good to see a young passionate enthusiast here!

44 minutes ago, Dynastes TItyus hunter said:

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. You should try keeping Dynastes Tityus if you like beetles.  

I am hoping to find a couple adults this year. I have heard they are around my area but quite rare. If I don’t find any I’ll definitely be purchasing some larva. They are my favorite beetle! (Although my favorite beetle changes everyday and I have several)😂

On 6/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, Nolens beetles said:

I have found some L. Capreolus. There are a ton of dorcus around here too.

Dorcus are a great trade item, they're hard to find for most people.

14 minutes ago, Dynastes said:

Dorcus are a great trade item, they're hard to find for most people.

Oh yeah! I’ve already been getting several private messages. Do you ever do light trapping? Also, have you ever caught a xyloryctes?

59 minutes ago, Nolens beetles said:

Oh yeah! I’ve already been getting several private messages. Do you ever do light trapping? Also, have you ever caught a xyloryctes?

I've seen dead Xyloryctes in specimen drawers from near you but only have seen live ones in AZ.