Pupal Chamber?

Agreed with the above. I've got Lucanus elephus as well, I check them monthly and supplement with koi pellets

I have for raising goliathus. I got mine as L2 in Sept. of 19, one which was an L3, has been an adult female since 

August of '20, the others have been eating and are healthy, I use a mix of collected material and flake soil I purchased.

Definitely just tunnels, eventually, they'll pupate, when is anyone's guess.

I'll check mine again in a couple weeks, the one good thing about beetle grubs, is once in an eating environment, they

don't need a lot of care and given the length of time spent as a pupa, and a hibernating adult, you can leave them

be for a long time. When I found my female, it was a surprise, she's been in a small cage for quite some time and

ventures out now and then to eat, One interesting thing, the surface of her substrate has changed to more of a finer

appearance , like it's been chewed up, but she's in there alone..?

9 minutes ago, kevink said:

Agreed with the above. I've got Lucanus elephus as well, I check them monthly and supplement with koi pellets

I have for raising goliathus. I got mine as L2 in Sept. of 19, one which was an L3, has been an adult female since 

August of '20, the others have been eating and are healthy, I use a mix of collected material and flake soil I purchased.

Definitely just tunnels, eventually, they'll pupate, when is anyone's guess.

I'll check mine again in a couple weeks, the one good thing about beetle grubs, is once in an eating environment, they

don't need a lot of care and given the length of time spent as a pupa, and a hibernating adult, you can leave them

be for a long time. When I found my female, it was a surprise, she's been in a small cage for quite some time and

ventures out now and then to eat, One interesting thing, the surface of her substrate has changed to more of a finer

appearance , like it's been chewed up, but she's in there alone..?

Do they actually eat the koi pellets? I've been thinking of supplementing them. 

I think so, I don't watch them, but I know that protein supplements are commonly used to produce larger beetles, what I've read is that you can

feed them supplements more often than I do, but I like to let them alone as much as possible, and only check on them once every few weeks, later today

I'll check the grubs and feed them some fish food.

I've never found a molded pellet in the containers. So they must eat them. I'd probably never bothered to buy pellets if not for the pellets I already

had for the goliath grub I raised, although I gave my Lucanus flake fish food a few times before I had the pellets.

It is an interesting topic, and a person could try different techniques with control groups if you had enough grubs to experiment with.