Any possible Michigan breeders?

I'm an up and coming beetle breeder in detroit, and I have a hard time finding beetles of any kind in my city. I was just wondering if there are any other hobbyists in my state that could help me in finding the best locations to look for stags and rhinos, as well as possible doing business with.

Hi! I am also a relatively new breeder from the Lansing area. I am very excited to find some cool beetles this year, last year I found Lucanus Capreolus and Dorcus Parallelus.  All the beetles I currently am raising I purchased. I have 2 Lucanus Elaphus, 4 Dynastes Granti, 3, Megasoma Sleeperi, 3 Gymnetis Thula, and 1 Goliathus Goliatus. I know that if you look in rotting logs you will find larva. I also plan on doing some light trapping this year.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, Nolens beetles said:

Hi! I am also a relatively new breeder from the Lansing area. I am very excited to find some cool beetles this year, last year I found Lucanus Capreolus and Dorcus Parallelus.  All the beetles I currently am raising I purchased. I have 2 Lucanus Elaphus, 4 Dynastes Granti, 3, Megasoma Sleeperi, 3 Gymnetis Thula, and 1 Goliathus Goliatus. I know that if you look in rotting logs you will find larva. I also plan on doing some light trapping this year.

Nice! If you ever find extra parallelus females I’m happy to trade! (I’m in Michigan as well). Rn I have around 10 adult tityus, some elaphus and capreolus, phileurus valgus and truncatus, Dorcus brevis etc.  larvae of aloeus, antaeus, sleeperi, elaphus etc etc. I also have a lot of fiery searchers along with glowing click beetles (2 sp) and then 3 sp of Alaus. Nice to meet fellow hobbyists!

On 6/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, maxwellc said:

I don’t know any breeders sadly but just going to say it’s awesome to have someone dedicated to the hobby here in the Detroit area, best of luck

If you want to breed Mallodon lmk. I got extras and don’t have enough tanks. Probably one of the most interesting US bycid

On 5/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, Trickster4095 said:

I'm an up and coming beetle breeder in detroit, and I have a hard time finding beetles of any kind in my city. I was just wondering if there are any other hobbyists in my state that could help me in finding the best locations to look for stags and rhinos, as well as possible doing business with.

I do light traps a lot if you’re interested. Lots of neat beetles in Michigan!