JKim

I have some questions, can you give me a link to the cord that connects to the mogul socket and the ballast? I really don't care about the price of the materials. Can you give me the links for EVERYTHING you need for a light trap? Like generator, mogul socket, 400w ballast, 400w bulb, tripod, and materials to hook up the bulb to the tripod. 

4 hours ago, JKim said:

This is how they arrange and connect to each other. You will have to wire the [socket] to [ballast cord] (which is very easy and fairly basic science) unless you can find one that is already connected.

Would this be one of the sockets that are connected? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y78PNOE/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

It's simpler than it seems. You basically have the ballast that has AC power going into it and two wires coming out for a bulb. Most likely nowadays you will buy a digital ballast that already has an AC cord so all you need to do is attach those two wires coming out to a socket and stick a bulb in it and that's it for wiring. Some guys mount the socket on top of the tripod, others hang it from something, etc. Its up to you. The main thing is to match everything. Meaning, 400 watt and metal halide ballast, gets 400 watt metal halide bulb. You probably know they also make high out put bulbs with ballast built in. I think they only go up to 200 watts? Not sure. Bioquip sells them and I think they are sold on Amazon as well. I have never used those but I do know collectors who have used them and they have worked well. I think the issue is they get a little hotter and limited wattage available but probably plenty of watts for most.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/30/2021 at 1:49 AM, JKim said:

Find something you can pay... You also said the following the other day:

On 3/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, Dynastes TItyus hunter said:

I really don't care about the price of the materials

Very much true, but there are many types of black lights in many different websites. That's the only one that references your post. 

I don't want to pay for something, that I don't know nothing of. 

On 3/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, JKim said:

Bulb - socket - ballast cord - ballast - generator
This is how they arrange and connect to each other. You will have to wire the [socket] to [ballast cord] (which is very easy and fairly basic science) unless you can find one that is already connected.

You said that the ballast cord will fit the ballast why do you need the cord? The ballast also doesn't fit the electrical outlet on a generator. 

• JKim changed the title to .
  • 1 month later...