Dynastes Hercules hibernation?

Reyes

From what I've read, given my inexperience, is that after they break out of their chamber, or before, they simply wait underground until

it's time to go forth and be a beetle.

For my Lucanus elephus, I think she came out of the pupal chamber and was simply waiting in the substrate, I found her when I was checking

my containers,  now she's back under clean substrate waiting, she dug herself back in after being removed from the original rearing container.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, Reyes said:

I was just curious if they really needed dormancy.

Vastly reduce lifespan (they live up to a year kept properly with long dormancy). Plus still needs a short period of dormancy (shortened with handling and light/disturbance/artificial chamber), you might have not noticed it. Btw if you are in the US, it is not legal for you to own D.hercules (I owned some living in China a while back), please don't post on forums about rearing beetles illegally ;P. 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:37 AM, JunkaiWangisme said:

Vastly reduce lifespan (they live up to a year kept properly with long dormancy). Plus still needs a short period of dormancy (shortened with handling and light/disturbance/artificial chamber), you might have not noticed it. Btw if you are in the US, it is not legal for you to own D.hercules (I owned some living in China a while back), please don't post on forums about rearing beetles illegally ;P. 

You are wrong about the handling part. https://ibb.co/Ry7wxR7. You can’t say Orin is wrong.

1 hour ago, Reyes said:

You are wrong about the handling part. https://ibb.co/Ry7wxR7. You can’t say Orin is wrong.

During hibernations yes lol. That means a post hibernation tityus. A. I have read that lol, and B. Orin's word is not always right.