Hi from Ohio!

muddymire

Hi, I'm from Ohio! Recently started Beetle keeping. I've breed only two paris of Allomyrina Dichotoma, one pair is definatly Tiawanese (smaller, almost black, thinner shaft on its head ornamentation) and the other looks Japanese. I'm trying a few more L. Swinhoei and C. Metallifer, having some trouble with them laying. I'm trying 65F as opposed to 72F that shes been in. Glad to be here, although I'd like unrestricted access to the forum…. Unless it's for newbies or something.

Lucanus I'm glad you posted. I saw your notes on the breeding of L. Elaphus, and it needing clay to build it's pupa cell. Can i ask where would be the best place to search for this species? I can drive as far south as South Carolina, farther than that and it gets to expensive. I'd really love your expertise!

Lucanus I'm glad you posted. I saw your notes on the breeding of L. Elaphus, and it needing clay to build it's pupa cell. Can i ask where would be the best place to search for this species? I can drive as far south as South Carolina, farther than that and it gets to expensive. I'd really love your expertise!

Larvae of that species is pretty abundant in NC and SC so if you can find a deciduous forest composed of large oak trees, you'll probably be able to find some :)