Beetle Books?

So I've devoured Orin's The Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles and I'm looking for more!

Are there any other books about the care and breeding of beetles? They would have to be in English.

I do get Invertebrates Magazine, which has wonderful articles on beetles, and I am open to other magazines (that are also written in English).

Please let me know what you're reading.

The best beetle care and breeding book is For the love of rhinocerous and stag beetles second edition, by Jonathan Lai. In my opinion.

That's really all you need, It is the most complete books on this subject I've found so far.

I have plenty others books on beetles, but they are junk compared.

The best beetle care and breeding book is For the love of rhinocerous and stag beetles second edition, by Jonathan Lai. In my opinion.

That's really all you need, It is the most complete books on this subject I've found so far.

I have plenty others books on beetles, but they are junk compared.

This.

So I've devoured Orin's The Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles and I'm looking for more!

Are there any other books about the care and breeding of beetles? They would have to be in English.

I do get Invertebrates Magazine, which has wonderful articles on beetles, and I am open to other magazines (that are also written in English).

Please let me know what you're reading.

You will like "For the Love of Rhinoceros Beetles and Stags" but keep in mind my chapters in that book were written in 1999 so they contain less and slightly dated info. You can read some explanations on For the Love of.. in the intro to the Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles.

I join the bold statement above.

There is pretty much nothing worth while except for "For the love of..."

(I have mixed opinions about Orin's books. But then again, I only saw the last ones he released)

What books do you have?

I have the beetle breeding guide. And I had the amblypygids breeding book, but eventually decided to part ways with it.

The big hardcover amblypygid book (not the old, small booklet)?

But let's not turn this into a review, shall we?

I stopped short of asking you to explain but you are welcome to express your opinion. I'm glad you like For the Love of Rhinoceros and Stag Beetles.

Get the second edition, The second edition was revised and updated with more content. It covers things you won't find in the Ultimate guide to breeding beetles and 850 superb photos and 500 pages, 250 pages just on rhinoceros beetles and 250 pages on stag beetles.

Also everything is in English it has Chinese as well, but it is separated from the English.

Jonathan Lai's book is very important if you want to learn beyond the scope of Orin's book.

Orin's book is ok, but it really can not compare to Jonathan Lai's book, in my and other unbiased peoples opinions.

Simply put it has more valuable information.

Jonathan (Dynastinae@yahoo.com) told me that he didn't have any available, as it's been out of print for several years.

He does have this book available however: http://www.giantbeetles.com/book.htm

Thanks for the tip on the ebay listing. However . . . I've already ordered one!

I bought the last copy available from here: http://beetle.spider.acsite.org/price_list.html (Has anyone ordered from them?)

They say it's signed but has an abrasion on the book jacket. It's all good with me.

With my Invertebrates Magazine issues, Orin's book and soon, Jonathan's book, I will have a decent collection of beetle breeding literature. Very Happy!