Hey there

Chris

I'm new to the world of invertebrates. I spent most of my college years studying birds and mammals. But my new place of work focuses on invertebrates and I've been jumping into the messy work of trying to establish breeding populations of our collection.

On here to seek advice, post my successful and not-so-successful trials at breeding.

Wish me luck.

I'm new to the world of invertebrates. I spent most of my college years studying birds and mammals. But my new place of work focuses on invertebrates and I've been jumping into the messy work of trying to establish breeding populations of our collection.

On here to seek advice, post my successful and not-so-successful trials at breeding.

Wish me luck.

Welcome! :)

What sorts of things are you keeping/breeding? Are they all for work?

Welcome! :)

What sorts of things are you keeping/breeding? Are they all for work?

Hey there, I'm currently working on breeding Blue death-feigning beetles (A. verrucosus), Domino roaches, and african giant millipedes (which have already been successful!).

You have everything I want lol. Would you be interested in a trade for some of the Millipedes or beetles?

Would love to see the set ups :)

I'll post set ups soon - don't know if my boss will allow for trading at this point but hopefully you'll soon have success with your collection once I can get set ups posted!

Maybe after they all overpopulate then trades will happen ;) Maybe after a while I will have some Eleodes and other insects to trade.

If they are under scientific study then the babies are probably being noted down, depending on what you are trying to figure out with them. Are you trying anything on them or just understanding how they live as decomposers?

If you are wanting to test anything on population growth then bean weevils (I have a thread about them), Tenebrio molitor, isopods, and many others would be good subjects :)

Maybe after they all overpopulate then trades will happen ;)

Zoos in general can't trade with anyone outside the AZA system in the US. There's a lot of paperwork involved just setting someone up as a vendor, let alone trades.

Zoos in general can't trade with anyone outside the AZA system in the US. There's a lot of paperwork involved just setting someone up as a vendor, let alone trades.

That is very true. The institution I currently work at isn't AZA.