Legit websites and legality

On 4/18/2023 at 10:52 PM, Coleopterist said:

Hi there, I was just trying to find some new beetles for my collection, and I came across this website https://davidsbeetles.com/collections/stag-beetles . Has anyone purchased from them before? Also I am pretty sure most of the beetles on this site are illegal.

thanks, Mason 

They're not legal but nobody has been punished in recent years for keeping exotic beetles that I know of, and I believe the website is legit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:52 PM, Coleopterist said:

Hi there, I was just trying to find some new beetles for my collection, and I came across this website https://davidsbeetles.com/collections/stag-beetles . Has anyone purchased from them before? Also I am pretty sure most of the beetles on this site are illegal.

thanks, Mason 

The website is awesome and very legitimate. Many friends and acquaintances have purchased from the site. It is one of the best sites to order from in the US! I highly recommend it if your interests are within exotics. 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:42 PM, JunkaiWangisme said:

The website is awesome and very legitimate. Many friends and acquaintances have purchased from the site. It is one of the best sites to order from in the US! I highly recommend it if your interests are within exotics. 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:42 PM, JunkaiWangisme said:

I've never ordered from them but their guides are very helpful and I've seen many of their happy customers :)

I would caution you against ANY of that. While its not exactly enforced that exotics are illegal, documenting your possession and establishment of a breeding group without proper permits and then posting it to a publicly accessible forum seems like a bad idea to me. There's a reason its so hard to find any in the states. And while it may not be an immediate issue, if you by any chance get caught with them then it is possible, however unlikely, that it may be used against you. As for David, he's become somewhat of a friend after many happy purchases of the natives he offers. I see no reason to believe the exotics he keeps would be sold at a lower standard. You couldn't hope for a more friendly and professional seller online