Grain Mite Control Updates?

Acro

It's been many years since I've seriously kept beetles (besides mealworms and spider beetles).  I actually got out of beetle keeping because I had horrible grain mite infestations, this was about 10ish years ago.

I'll be getting Alaus cf. lusciosus this week (a new species to me) and if all goes well, I'll try Phileurus truncatus and Mallodon dasystomus again.  Maybe some Goliathus goliatus!

I want to avoid mites, especially grain mites.  What are the latest (and tried & true) methods and techniques that are currently being used to prevent, control, and get rid of mites?

• Acro changed the title to Grain Mite Control Updates?
On 11/3/2021 at 3:28 PM, Acro said:

It's been many years since I've seriously kept beetles (besides mealworms and spider beetles).  I actually got out of beetle keeping because I had horrible grain mite infestations, this was about 10ish years ago.

I'll be getting Alaus cf. lusciosus this week (a new species to me) and if all goes well, I'll try Phileurus truncatus and Mallodon dasystomus again.  Maybe some Goliathus goliatus!

I want to avoid mites, especially grain mites.  What are the latest (and tried & true) methods and techniques that are currently being used to prevent, control, and get rid of mites?

What about the anti-mite zeolite? The main trick is low fat content food but it depends on the species.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:28 PM, Acro said:

Did you try predatory mites?

• 2 months later...