Breeding beetles in USA

Well for one thing, the police don't come knocking down your door to inspect for illegal insects, so you don't really need to hide them. Also, the reasons for certain beetles being illegal to ship are very stupid, and unjustified. Breeding the beetles isn't the illegal part, shipping them is.

Well for one thing, the police don't come knocking down your door to inspect for illegal insects, so you don't really need to hide them. Also, the reasons for certain beetles being illegal to ship are very stupid, and unjustified. Breeding the beetles isn't the illegal part, shipping them is.

So can you tell me exactly what is illegal for breeding beetle? Is it still ok to breed Chiron beetle?

And are there any laws related to this issue?

Really? Prison? I'm sorry but even if somebody brought a harmful invasive insect, that seems quite excessive! People get killed in prison!

I'm pretty sure that exotic lucanids are not legal in California. Also, you could get into trouble by just having/ breeding exotics. Between states would be USDA, inside a state would be FWS. Almost everything that we would find "cool" to breed would be illegal without a permit.

• 5 months later...

A few permits??? exactly how many permits does one person need to make this a legal process?

You know what forget I asked I'll just stick to native species then besides I have all the necessary materials, mats and logs to breed Lucanus Elaphus. Now I just need to wait for someone to start selling adult pairs.