I've always wanted to see this!

That whole process is truly amazing.

It still boggles my mind how a grub transforms into a pupa then into a beetle, yet I just saw it happen.

I once heard a theory (in reference to butterflies) from the guy who runs Bugman Educational Entoprises that a caterpillar and a butterfly may be two different organisms that evolved to make one organism. And that would mean that so many other insects (including beetles) follow the same structure. If you think about the relationships of some parasites and their hosts, it seems rather plausible.

Thanks for the video. I like how you can see it clearly because of the contrast of the light background.

I am planning of filming a pupa turning into a beetle because as you said it's amazing. Look on YouTube I saw one there it's a way more dramatic transformation.

I don't like that theory personally. DNA tests have been extensively done in the field of biophysics using molecular biology. I believe that it is proved that the caterpillar and butterfly are the one and same organism.

The parasite and host symbiotic relationships are a bit different, since they have been proved to be different organisms using the scientific method.

Think of it this way, is a chicken egg a different organism from the chicken?

Great videos! I once had the chance to see a P. truncatus in its last 20 minutes of changing from larva to pupa. It's was when I had just gotten home from work. I was lucky to see it because most of my larva would change into pupae late at night when I'm sleeping.

I don't like that theory personally. DNA tests have been extensively done in the field of biophysics using molecular biology. I believe that it is proved that the caterpillar and butterfly are the one and same organism.

The parasite and host symbiotic relationships are a bit different, since they have been proved to be different organisms using the scientific method.

Think of it this way, is a chicken egg a different organism from the chicken?

The theory is based on something that would have happened long long (long, long long) ago. Thus, the 2 organisms would no longer be two separate organisms, but one.

The theory is based on something that would have happened long long (long, long long) ago. Thus, the 2 organisms would no longer be two separate organisms, but one.

So ... is this guy believing that loooong time ago, a caterpillar looking creature somehow interbred with butterfly looking creature and eventually became what we see these days?

He told me that theory maybe 15 years ago at an Invertebrates In Captivity Conference in Rio Rico, Arizona.

But no, not interbreeding, more like a parasite living in a caterpillar, then once the caterpillar became mature enough, the parasite took over and hatched out into a butterfly.