Strategus antaeus

Greatwun

Just wanted to share with you guys this really nice specimen that was collected a few months ago here in Orlando. It was not collected by me but by my dad while he was at the hotel he works at in Disney. He said he found it crawling along the wall of the hotel under a light. This is one of my favorite specimens in my collection. The horns on this S. antaeus are just stunning. The last picture shows a comparison of this major specimen to a minor S. anteaus male which I typically find. I hope to com across another major specimen this summer.

p0za.jpg

rlf2.jpg

umam.jpg

d3o0.jpg

lhem.jpg

Thanks! Unfortunately no, when my dad brought home this specimen it was the only live strategus I had. I tried to find a female but no luck. I did however find s Strategus splendens female which layed eggs a few days after I caught her so I'm hoping th same will happen this year if I find a S. antaeus female.

Man...I'm so jealous of you. Wish I could find some antaeus near my house :(

Hope u find some live pairs this year and get some eggs from them. Oh and L1 larvae of this species is cannibalistic just like S. splendens so make sure to separate the eggs from each other before they hatch.

Man...I'm so jealous of you. Wish I could find some antaeus near my house :(

Hope u find some live pairs this year and get some eggs from them. Oh and L1 larvae of this species is cannibalistic just like S. splendens so make sure to separate the eggs from each other before they hatch.

Don't worry man, if this year goes well I could have some eggs to send you!