beetle surgery?!

hardshell

i heard this from somewhere but i dont remember when... so when your female stag beetle or rhino beetles has died after mating and layed some eggs but some are still inside of her belly, you can gently cut the belly and get out the eggs. is this true??? or false information? do the eggs from her belly hatch? to me it sound pretty logical because if she lsyed some eggs it means she probably didnt had any time to lay the rest...

i heard this from somewhere but i dont remember when... so when your female stag beetle or rhino beetles has died after mating and layed some eggs but some are still inside of her belly, you can gently cut the belly and get out the eggs. is this true??? or false information? do the eggs from her belly hatch? to me it sound pretty logical because if she lsyed some eggs it means she probably didnt had any time to lay the rest...

i'm sure if you do that 99% of the eggs are going to die

I tried it a number of times. The reason they never develop is they're infertile until laid.

The female probably does something to the eggs before she lays them... either she actually puts something in them (so that they are actually fertile) or she puts a protective layer on them. That's my guess... Either way, they won't hatch. I'm pretty sure this is 100%.

This idea might work on some animals but not beetles, I'd say.