more rugose found!~!!!!

hardshell

im thinking 10 dollars for male beetle and 12 dollars for female beetle and a pair cost 20 dollars larvae will cost L1=4dollars L2=6dollars L3=8 dollars B) pm me if u want any

I don't want to burst your bubble but you should not sell larvae, only adults because anyone who buys larvae will be disappointed. The adults can be used to set up a culture by giving them a large chunk of rotten wood. Larvae should never be disturbed or they die. Not one larva you dig out of the wood will ever make it to adulthood even those that last a little while. I've tried.

I don't want to burst your bubble but you should not sell larvae, only adults because anyone who buys larvae will be disappointed. The adults can be used to set up a culture by giving them a large chunk of rotten wood. Larvae should never be disturbed or they die. Not one larva you dig out of the wood will ever make it to adulthood even those that last a little while. I've tried.

I've heard that they act like Platycerus... so I don't think this is 100% true (though it is probably the usual deal).

Platycerus can be disturbed but if disturbed right before pupation you have a problem. Maybe yours were caught at this time?

they all are still alive but just in case illl sell the larvae and beetles when the colony starts breeding and safe to sell B) so all the rugose are not for sale sorry but will be back for sale in the future!!! also is there a technic to find the larvae chamber??? because i killed like 5 when opening a log

i found them in a fallen log and follow their dung trail and find pupae and nearby larvae by the bark and break the wood in half with my foot and find the inside ones. breaking a log with your feet is kinda safe cause the holes that larvae makes let it brake that place. i found bunch in a pretty moist and semi squishy log

I've heard that they act like Platycerus... so I don't think this is 100% true (though it is probably the usual deal).

Platycerus can be disturbed but if disturbed right before pupation you have a problem. Maybe yours were caught at this time?

Have you ever kept Rugose Stag larvae?

No but I know people who have ;). I've seen the process. One can extract larvae and raise dozens! A guy named albert did so a while back.

What's Albert's last name? You should have no trouble getting independent confirmation or photographic proof if you're telling the truth.

What's Albert's last name? You should have no trouble getting independent confirmation or photographic proof if you're telling the truth.

News is:

He did raise them from larvae but I can't prove this. Will just have to take his word and test it out in the future, myself.