Newbie from Texas

dcheath

My name is David, I live in Belton, Texas. I just recently got into bugs. It started with feeder roaches. I have been raising reptile for 20+ years. Several years ago I raised Lobster roaches for a while but then go rid of them when we moved. About a year ago I started a colony of B. discoidalis as feeders. About 2 two weeks ago started looking into feeders roaches for a friend and discovered Allpets roach forum. Which led me to this forum, and now trying to collect a few local beetles. I picked up an Ironclad beetle the other day, not sure of species, and yesterday some green june beetles and some species of Eleodes I think. Today I found a couple of beetle in my yard. I'll post pics on the Picture forum.

I love Eleodes! :D Would love to see some pictures ;)

Welcome to the forum! Beetles and inverts are wonderful pets, you just have to look past the "creepy crawly" name that people have given them ;)

I have bred hissing roaches for a while, but had to stop when we found out my mom was allergic to them.

I have a bunch of tarantulas also, along with many beetles and other inverts. Fish tanks, cats, scorpions, you name it and I may have it ;):P

I love Eleodes! :D Would love to see some pictures ;)

Welcome to the forum! Beetles and inverts are wonderful pets, you just have to look past the "creepy crawly" name that people have given them ;)

I have bred hissing roaches for a while, but had to stop when we found out my mom was allergic to them.

I have a bunch of tarantulas also, along with many beetles and other inverts. Fish tanks, cats, scorpions, you name it and I may have it ;):P

I have one tarantula at the moment. A Texas brown that my son caught at my parents house.

Would love to see some pictures of it also :D

I have a adult G. rosea, juvenile G. rosea, A. avic female, sling A. versicolor, sling C. elegans, sling B. angustum, and a curly hair sling :D I think that's all of them, lol ;):P

Welcome! I'm just a bit south of you in Austin. My family also just got into beetles. We currently have a community tank with several different darkling beetles. They are so entertaining to watch run around and do their beetle thing. They all have their own little personalities and I swear last night I saw one yawn. lol

Welcome dude! Are you looking for any stag beetles? I have a good amount.

Thank you. What species of stag beetle do you have, and how much are you asking or are you interested in trades. I live in central Texas, so if there is anything from this neck of the wood you are looking for let me know.