Strategus aloeus

Lucanus

Same here. Except for the fact that they don't get Stag beetles there. That would be like... Devastating. Speaking of which... I found some Platycerus today. Do you know anything on breeding these? 2 males and a female. I'm used to finding em in larger groups... Like 10+. it's been a while since I've found em though. I know you have Lucanidae experience so could you suggest a method? Is overwintering necessary like Bess Beetles and Cerechus, if I want them to mate?

Same here. Except for the fact that they don't get Stag beetles there. That would be like... Devastating. Speaking of which... I found some Platycerus today. Do you know anything on breeding these? 2 males and a female. I'm used to finding em in larger groups... Like 10+. it's been a while since I've found em though. I know you have Lucanidae experience so could you suggest a method? Is overwintering necessary like Bess Beetles and Cerechus, if I want them to mate?

Lucky you. This isn't the time for them to emerge so I believe you have found them in the rotten wood. In order to breed them you need the wood that you collected the adults from. Also, I believe they won't be active till next year since they are suppose to come out at spring and summer.