Goliathus pupation what now?

InvertsandOi

So, one of my Goliathus larvae has been in pupation for just over 5 months now. This is my first attempt at rearing this species. From what I understand, it should have completed metamorphosis by now, and is in a dorment state. So my question is, what now? I can't just wait for it to emerge, because the substrate is flush against the tight lid. I'm assuming that I should remove the pupation chambers and place it in a new home (maintaining its orientation) until it emerges? Should I open it up and remove the beetle? Also, any suggestions on substrate are welcome. I am hoping to have a mating pair eventually. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, Fire Moth said:

You can take the cell out after two months.  After 6 months.  You can open the cell.  They can dormant like this.

20210612_160752_compress55.jpg

Thank you! How important is it that I have flake soil? I understand that the larvae do ingest substrate before switching to just protein treats. I could probably try to make some in time.