Likelihood female Eastern Hercules has already bred

A female Dynastes tityus showed up on my back porch last night! I'm hoping to find a male now that I know for sure they're living in my woods, but that might not happen. What's the likelihood that she would have already mated by this time of the summer in NC? Or would she have already laid any eggs by now?

Statistically, the chances that any female scarab you collect from the wild is already carrying fertilized eggs is quite high; in most cases, they will have found a mate before you found them.  Same with saturniid moths.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, pickle01 said:

A female Dynastes tityus showed up on my back porch last night! I'm hoping to find a male now that I know for sure they're living in my woods, but that might not happen. What's the likelihood that she would have already mated by this time of the summer in NC? Or would she have already laid any eggs by now?

This seems to be a good year for them in NC. Someone else I know has already found at least 2 females that I know of. 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, The Mantis Menagerie said:

This seems to be a good year for them in NC. Someone else I know has already found at least 2 females that I know of. 

Awesome! I've lived in my house for 3 years and this is the first one I've seen. Plenty of stags, but nothing in the rhino group. Then in the last week I've had a female and two male Xyloryctes jamaicensis and this female tityus just show up at my little light trap by the back door that I really just have out to catch moths as mantis food.