Found my First Larvae! Need Some Tips

Hi again! I just found my first larvae yesterday. I believe them to be from the species I rear (Coelosis bicornis) since that's the rhino beetle that occurs in that area. There's barely any information on this species, so maybe you guys can help me figure it out.

I found 3 larvae, 1 appears to be a L1 (which died shortly after I found it) while the other two seem to be L3 (see pictures). The L3s have a huge lump on their backs and are secreting a brown liquid sometimes (specially when I handle them) and I don't know if that's normal or they're sick. They were all found not deep into the soil at all and they were in a place with no rotten wood but with a bunch of decayed tall grass leaves and roots which leads me to believe they feed on that and not wood. Could that be the case?

I put them on separate small containers with leaves and roots from the area they were collected and a little bit of rotten wood and I think they're reaching for the roots and leaves to eat but I'm not sure. They don't seem to want to dig deep too and are staying very close to the lid. The L3s are very active. How can I tell if they're eating or not?

Any tips on how to proceed? Also, please correct me on anything I might be wrong about.

photo_2021-01-08_09-10-08.jpg

photo_2021-01-08_09-10-07 (4).jpg

photo_2021-01-08_09-10-07 (3).jpg

photo_2021-01-08_09-10-07 (2).jpg

photo_2021-01-08_09-10-07.jpg

3 hours ago, Goliathus said:

The larvae with lumps on their backs are Scarabaeinae (dung beetle) larvae.  

Oh really? Do they feed on animal feces? I don't think there was any where I found them, just a bunch of decayed grass.