Finally got myself some goliathus goliatus

BugOnABender

Insect-collection.com has a good article about goliath beetle raising.

Your seller should have been able to provide some instructions as well.

I am raising one Goliathus goliatus. I am using coconut substrate in a 5"x 3.5" x 2" container

that's length,width and height, with holes drilled in the lid, small ones. I moved him/her from a smaller

container several weeks ago, about the size of a Noosa yogurt container, maybe 8 oz.

I'm feeding it koi pellets and koi "sticks",the pellets are BB size+ and the sticks about 1/4" long and chopstick

diameter. High protein content is what you want, 40% or better. Some people use soft pet type foods/treats, but the fat to protein

is important. I feed it as much as it'll eat, a few times a day, and clean the substrate a few times a week and reuse it.

I weighed it on the 7th of this month, 28.6 grams, yesterday it weighed 36.7. 

I bought my grub from Bugsincyberspace and was given some good instructions, other people, will of course, have

other opinions and methods which will also work.

It is beyond exciting to have these animals, I want more, and the other species, but I'm going to raise this one before I get

carried away, it's not cheap. Even the recommended pupal soil-Georgia red clay was pricey.

Good luck!

edit-I just checked the link I've been using for that caresheet, specifically, there was a link somewhere in the forum, and I've read it,

but if you just type in insect-collection.com, it won't work. You need this/  insect-collection.com/invertebrate-caresheet/journal-of-a-goliathus-breeder

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, kevink said:

Insect-collection.com has a good article about goliath beetle raising.

Your seller should have been able to provide some instructions as well.

I am raising one Goliathus goliatus. I am using coconut substrate in a 5"x 3.5" x 2" container

that's length,width and height, with holes drilled in the lid, small ones. I moved him/her from a smaller

container several weeks ago, about the size of a Noosa yogurt container, maybe 8 oz.

I'm feeding it koi pellets and koi "sticks",the pellets are BB size+ and the sticks about 1/4" long and chopstick

diameter. High protein content is what you want, 40% or better. Some people use soft pet type foods/treats, but the fat to protein

is important. I feed it as much as it'll eat, a few times a day, and clean the substrate a few times a week and reuse it.

I weighed it on the 7th of this month, 28.6 grams, yesterday it weighed 36.7. 

I bought my grub from Bugsincyberspace and was given some good instructions, other people, will of course, have

other opinions and methods which will also work.

It is beyond exciting to have these animals, I want more, and the other species, but I'm going to raise this one before I get

carried away, it's not cheap. Even the recommended pupal soil-Georgia red clay was pricey.

Good luck!

edit-I just checked the link I've been using for that caresheet, specifically, there was a link somewhere in the forum, and I've read it,

but if you just type in insect-collection.com, it won't work. You need this/  insect-collection.com/invertebrate-caresheet/journal-of-a-goliathus-breeder

Thats great, thanks 👍 

Bugsincyberspace currently has adult males only. 165.00.

Raising the grub is not all sunshine and lollipops. Right now I have a serious issue and will post it in a different thread.