Millipede Not Moving His Legs!

Bugoodle

Las night, my baby North American Giant Millipede legs have stopped moving and he can no longer move around and burrow! He's about 2 inches long. I've had him for about 3 months now. He is still alive but can only curl tightly into a ball when ever I touch him. He can unravel and wiggle around and he's not sluggish. It's so sad to see him struggle. I put him in a different enclosure which is larger with more substrate this morning. He's just curled up. I recently had a problem with grain mites in a different enclosure, none was in his enclosure, and I see none on him. His legs just don't work. Is he getting ready to shed? He looks completely normal. What's wrong with him?

Thanks for any help!

Thank you! That's exactly why he did that cause I woke up this morning and I found a white skin right next to him! I did notice he was a little pale in color lately. Now he's got his brown color back and some bright red legs. He still remains in the same spot in a tightly curled ball. I suspected that his exoskeleton wouId be soft, so I mist down the enclosure a little this morning, and he moved. Just checking on him and thought he might be a little thirsty after shedding. I hope I didn't hurt him. I've been leaving him be.

I'm really having substrate problems right now. All I have is coconut soil. Is it true that millipedes can choke on it/can't digest it? I heard some people use it for millipedes.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:29 PM, Bugoodle said:

Is it true that millipedes can choke on it/can't digest it? I heard some people use it for millipedes.

Compaction is an urban myth but it doesn't have anything good for them.