Red Eyed Devil Katydids

JunkaiWangisme

Well obviously keep them separate, mate them like you would mantids, and be aware that eggs may need seasonal changes in temperature and humidity to induce consistent hatching, and can take upwards of a year to incubate... 

How does the seasonal thing work? Like do I deep freeze it or just put it in the cooler? And how dry/moist should it be? I can’t find any distinctive data on the internet, it’s all a bit vague.

I keep the females separated but I don’t know how long I can leave the male with one. It seems to be really afraid of the female (jumps away etc. and doesn’t get remotely close) but the female is really chill and don’t do anything aggressive.

I don't think you want them that cold, more like in the low 60s in the winter... As for the humidity changes I do not know how exactly they should be set up, I know @Dynastes is one of the few who have bred this species before.

Maybe 50s, you should really check where they were collected and just check the winter temps there for an idea of how cold it gets, (albeit it'll be a little warmer underground where they're buried).

On 8/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, JunkaiWangisme said:

Okay. I got the collection data and I will check that. Hope I succeed. When should their dry/wet periods be?

Again, probably gonna wanna look into the weather of their locality for that information, I'd assume it'd be the most humid in the fall and then the spring though.