Beetle substrate

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082BJMRSV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I've been using these bags based on a recommendation elsewhere here.

After about a week in the bucket I move into these bags and leave them somewhere warm. It speeds up fermentation immensely, and all I do is rotate and shake them up a little every so often.

On 8/25/2020 at 12:05 PM, scottbot84 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082BJMRSV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I've been using these bags based on a recommendation elsewhere here.

After about a week in the bucket I move into these bags and leave them somewhere warm. It speeds up fermentation immensely, and all I do is rotate and shake them up a little every so often.

How long until it is ready for stag beetles once transferred into those bags? I have a ton of stag beetles, ran out of flake soil, and while I have a new batch of flake soil, it is taking forever. 

On 8/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, I_want_hopei said:

Finally! It is generating heat! So I am producing them in a plastic bucket, and the water seems to be evaporating from the substrate. What should I do?

I keep my buckets in the attic, and I try to remember to take a spray bottle up with me in case it looks a little dry. 

7 hours ago, scottbot84 said:

If it's hot and humid enough, I would say 2-3 weeks, but I would just check frequently.

Oh wow! Mine has taken 1.5 months already with no sign of finishing up soon. I will get some of those bags.