pannaking22 Posted October 6, 2014 Report Share Posted October 6, 2014 I gave a friend of mine a handful of beetles I had collected because he wanted to pin it up naturally and get some pictures of it. Normally I'm somewhat hesitant doing that, especially with uncommon/rare species, but in this case I let him do it. Well, this time it came back and bit me in the butt because out of the 5 specimens I let him use, I was only able to get 2 back that were somewhat recognizable under all the mold that had grown on them. He said he kept them in a sealed jar for storage or something and left that in a warm place in his apartment. I've already pitched the other 3 specimens (one of which was a cicindelid species I didn't have and am really bummed to have lost), but I'm hoping to save the other two beetles (both small lucanids). Do you guys have any recommendations to get the mold off, or am I pretty much stuck with these two moldy specimens? I have left them out and everything is dry, so hopefully that makes removing mold easier. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.