Hello from NJ

Hello everyone.

I'm a 32 year old in NJ, currently keeping Asbolus and Passalus Beetles, as well as various Isopods (I loooove isopods!), centipedes, millipedes, fish, assassin bugs, and a few snakes. I have a few breeding projects in the works (my pythons), but I really have my heart set on breeding insects. I'm kinda new to the pet insect hobby, but as a child I kept anything I could, so to see that I can do this without being a "weirdo" is quite exciting. I plan to go on some expeditions this spring/summer/fall, in the hopes of adding Dynastes, and Lucanus, among others (Tiger Beetles!!!! :P ) to my collection. I look forward to making connections with like minded individuals.

You found the right place.

You will find people here will help you with your questions.

Here in Florida I come across millipedes and centipedes every time I go larvae hunting. They are cool.

I have learnt more than I expected here, I own most books on breeding beetles. This place is great for learning about keeping insects alive and breeding them.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. What Isopod species do you keep? Are you interested in trying to breed marine isopods? I can collect them by the hundreds at the beach, but I've never managed to get a colony to thrive.

Right now I just have a colony of orange P. scaber, and O. assellus. Don't really know much about keeping the marine ones, are they completely aquatic or a shoreline species?