Warrior Beetles Question?

sulik

Pasimachus usually do fine in a smaller cage, its the Calosoma that tear each other apart if the cage is too small. If you're talking small deli cup I wouldn't suggest it for anything. I have known Pasimachus for a very long time and only heard of the name "warrior beetle" recently. Where does that come from?

well look orin :) pasimachus looks like a warrior lol btw dont keep together because they fight...

I was asking if it was a freshly made up name. Show me a picture of a pasimachus next to a warrior.

I kept specimens together for years in a 10gallon and they never harmed each other, maybe if you never feed them or offer no substrate you could have problems. I'd suggest a 20long for 10 of them.

Had some problems with the ones I got from AZ.

I was keeping 5 specimens in a shoe-box size container. About a day after putting them together, I started finding decapitated specimens (actually, their thoraxes were cut off from their abdomens.). I lost 3 specimens like this and ended up with two specimens. They both died couple of months ago.

yeah,i keep all of mine seperate,they are aggressive,but if ya have a big enough tank,very deep substrate,lot's of food on hand,hiding places,maybe they won't be having many "duels" get it.....warrior,,,,,duels,ahh alrighty then.

see the new thread? warrior beetle egg!

i keep all of mine seperate(15),they live a long time,i had one w/5legs that lived 6yrs,when they die off,i get more, :) i don't buy them,i get them from trading,collecting(when i have the time,which i don't have alot of :mellow: )

lol same no time for me