Anyone here had luck finding Nicagus?

Nicagus has always been a dream genus to find but I've never had luck. I've lighted and hiked all over the shores of Lake Huron, flipped driftwood and hacked logs near beaches, and never had luck finding the genus. I will be targeting specific spots this year but was wondering if any of y'all had any luck locating this genus anywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Junkai,

I have collected a number of both males and the more elusive females here in SE Ohio.  I have found them along small streams on sand bars in March and April under rocks, logs and debris.  I would try any smaller streams in your area with clean gravel/sandy bottoms with sand bars.   

Ken

On 4/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, KenK. said:

Hey Junkai,

I have collected a number of both males and the more elusive females here in SE Ohio.  I have found them along small streams on sand bars in March and April under rocks, logs and debris.  I would try any smaller streams in your area with clean gravel/sandy bottoms with sand bars.   

Ken

Thank you so much! I will definitely try that out. I’ll likely try my luck in Ohio as well. They’ve been my target species for a few years now and I’ve not yet had any luck. They would be a dream to find. I’ve found all the other lucanids in the eastern US already, and these are my last goal (I’m located in south Michigan).