Phileurus truncatus care

In my limited experience (I have only been keeping them for the last 2 years) they are very easy to raise, grow fast and very few deaths if any. I have only used home made flake soil and they did fine just on that. I'm sure rotten wood will work just as well. I feed the adults fresh dead beetles but I'm sure you can feed them other things as well. My only issue was getting them to lay eggs! I still can't them to lay eggs consistently. Sometimes I get eggs, sometimes none. I have read Orin's book about putting in earth worms and I have talked to others who have bred them and they have given me tips but nothing seems to work for me consistently. It's been disappointing. If anybody has been able to breed them consistently through multiple generations, please let me know your methods. 

They are really cool beetles because the adults live a really long time. Up to 2 years. Just wish I could get eggs consistently. Have fun with them!

I have kept 11 consecutive generations and sometimes it is very difficult to get eggs or they wait till the next year (11 generations (7 and 4) spanning 14-16 years). Many times you get a bunch. As for rearing larvae they are somewhat easy anything that will damage other rhinos will probably kill them (like too dry of substrate, lousy substrate, substrate that is too shallow or loose and prevents pupal cell formation, worms in the larval substrate, etc.).

5 hours ago, Dynastes said:

I have kept 11 consecutive generations and sometimes it is very difficult to get eggs or they wait till the next year (11 generations (7 and 4) spanning 14-16 years). Many times you get a bunch. As for rearing larvae they are somewhat easy anything that will damage other rhinos will probably kill them (like too dry of substrate, lousy substrate, substrate that is too shallow or loose and prevents pupal cell formation, worms in the larval substrate, etc.).

Wow, 11 generations, that is awesome! Do you mind sharing what your setup is for egg laying? Type of substrate and the depth? Thank you for any suggestions!!