New to beetles, not to insects

HannahBot

Hi everyone I'm Hannah, I've been keeping bugs for the last 10 years and I currently have 3 tarantulas, some Dubia roaches (mainly to feed my bearded dragon) and I recently started a domestic beetle colony from some stragglers in my last dubia shipment.

I've only ever kept beetles in their adult stage and when I do its not long before I let them go. I really want to enter the hobby so I can stay with the beetles their whole life and make them happy. I really want to keep the A. dichotoma species so if anyone knows of any lmk please!

Welcome! Sadly, most exotic species are very hard to come by in the US, and A. Dichotoma is definitely one of them. If you are new, I’d recommend starting with flower beetles (cetoniidae) as they almost always take less time to develop, and live longer than, rhinoceros beetles, and some stags too. They’re also fairly easy to breed and raise.

Welcome Hannah,

you can find a lot of info on rhinos here. if not, you can always ask.

I lived in Asia before and I have experience with A. dichotoma and many other species, let me know if you have any specific questions for them.

Welcome! Sadly, most exotic species are very hard to come by in the US, and A. Dichotoma is definitely one of them. If you are new, I’d recommend starting with flower beetles (cetoniidae) as they almost always take less time to develop, and live longer than, rhinoceros beetles, and some stags too. They’re also fairly easy to breed and raise.

Btw, which species are you referring to that lives long? Thanks