Favorite Beetles to Keep?

I highly suggest Allomyrina Dichotoma or Dynastes Hyllus! It's my first time having beetles and I have these as larvae still.

I also have Dynastes Granti and Dynastes Hercules Hercules, but they are still in L1 so I've not seen much change in the last couple months. It was so amazing witnessing the transformation from L2 to L3 for Hyllus! Now patiently waiting for my AD to make pupal cells!

I highly suggest Allomyrina Dichotoma or Dynastes Hyllus! It's my first time having beetles and I have these as larvae still.

I also have Dynastes Granti and Dynastes Hercules Hercules, but they are still in L1 so I've not seen much change in the last couple months. It was so amazing witnessing the transformation from L2 to L3 for Hyllus! Now patiently waiting for my AD to make pupal cells!

L1 for the last couple months doesn't sound right.

And I would suggest Prosopocoilus giraffa keisukei and Dorcus titanus yasuokai for stags (easy to breed and large!) and Dynastes granti/tityus for rhinos.(easy to breed and obtain)

L1 for the last couple months doesn't sound right.

And I would suggest Prosopocoilus giraffa keisukei and Dorcus titanus yasuokai for stags (easy to breed and large!) and Dynastes granti/tityus for rhinos.(easy to breed and obtain)

Yeah, I'm not sure why they don't seem to be growing. I had one granti die recently, too. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hmmm weird. I have two L1 hercules hercules larvae and they're doing great in 100% hardwood substrate from bugsincyberspace. Still I don't know why they're not growing maybe they're not getting enough rotten wood in they're substrate?

I'm not sure.. I have them in the same decayed wood/soil compost mixture as my allomyrina dichotoma and hyllus..They are all about 1g or maybe more. Haven't weighed them much due to lack of change. I'll have to figure this out..I just thought their cycle took longer so they grow slower? Hmm..

I'm not sure.. I have them in the same decayed wood/soil compost mixture as my allomyrina dichotoma and hyllus..They are all about 1g or maybe more. Haven't weighed them much due to lack of change. I'll have to figure this out..I just thought their cycle took longer so they grow slower? Hmm..

It's weird they're remaining at L1 after a few months. I'd try weighing them and keeping track of their weights then leave them be for a few more months they may just be slow growers.

DHH L1 should be about 30 days, and L2 45 days.

Granti is about the same, maybe slightly faster. I had a larvae got to L3 in 60 days from hatch.

I usually start to add decayed wood starting L2, I give L1 more high decayed substrate.

Wow, 60 days to get to L3? My problem for the granti and DHH might be the fact that it's my own gathered decayed wood I found. So perhaps I should buy some from bugsincyberspace. Not sure why hyllus and AD would be okay with it and grow but not the other two subspecies? I suppose I will have to check them tonight and order some. Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

Allomyrina dichotoma larvae are not that picky when it comes to the level of decay of flake soil, but I'm not sure about Dynastes hyllus since I've never bred them before. However, larvae of both Dynastes granti and Dynastes hercules prefer to feed on highly decayed flake soil and may sometimes require dog food pellets for some extra protein.

• 3 weeks later...