Eusattus muricatus

Hisserdude

Found several of these a few weeks ago, and they have been breeding for me! I have found several eggs at the bottom of their enclosure. They are being kept in a medium sized container filled with sand and a little bit of coconut fiber

Here are some pictures!

E.muricatus%25235.JPG

E.muricatus%25236.JPG

E.muricatus%25238.JPG

Those are nice! i would certainly buy some!@2

Well if I am successful in breeding them and rearing the larva to adulthood, I'm sure I'll have a bunch for sale. :)

• 3 weeks later...

After a long wait, my Eusattus eggs have finally started to hatch! :D Unfortunately the larva are to small for me to photograph, but once they grow a bit bigger I will take a bunch of pics!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Unfortunately my Eusattus have not been doing too well, this species has a very poor larval survival rate, and the amount of larva I have left is smaller than the amount of adults I started with. Still, the larva that are left are pretty healthy, and are getting big! Pupation is probably not too far off in the future.

Here are some pictures of a large larva:

Eusattuslarva%25237.JPG

Eusattuslarva%25238.JPG

Eusattuslarva%25239.JPG

Those are gorgeous beetles! I hope you have success with the larvae!

Yeah, they are really cool looking! :) Thanks, me too! I only hope that the amount of larva I have is enough to rear a few sexed pairs, otherwise my culture will probably fizzle out pretty fast.