Getting started as a newbie

So, I'm interested in getting started in the hobby, hopefully in time for the summer, which I gather is the most active time for beetle keeping. However, I'm not exactly sure where I should start and what I am in need of to set-up. I was just hoping that some of you may be able to suggest something or link some literature to me since information seems to be fairly sparse on the internet, which was surprising to me. I'd also like to begin with a family of beetles that is relatively hardy. I had hoped to eventually rear Dynastes, but I don't know that they are a good type to begin with.

Darkling beetles are really hardy, and pretty easy to breed. They like a dry, sandy substrate, preferably 50% sand 50% coconut fiber, a few inches deep.

They need lots of ventilation, as most of them live in the desert. They will eat dog food/cat food and fruits and veggies. They are easy to breed, no special requirements other than the above ( although a layer of crushed dead leaves can induce egg laying.) The larva have the same requirements as the adults. Make sure to have a moist spot in your cage, with a water bowl. Otherwise keep the cage dry. Hope this helps!

if you are interested in rhinos or stags, i'd suggest you start with flower beetles.

Gymnetis caseyi is a good starter, i found out that as long as you have a good substrate and time to take care of the larva/beetles, you will be ok keeping Dynastes tityus, lucanus elaphus, etc..

The darkling beetles are interesting, but I don't think they're quite what I'm looking for. Lucanus Elaphus is gorgeous however. What size tank is the best for either the Lucanus or Dynastes? And am I correct in thinking that they are in need of one tank for living in and one for the female to lay eggs in to later be moved to small plastic cups? Or can you simply retrieve them from the tank the adults are living in? I'm sorry for all the simplle questions, I'm sure this is probably redundant, but I'm looking for reassurance.

are you talking about tank sizes for adults or larva? larva only needs about 1-3L of sub in my opinion. For adults, it doesn't really matter unless they have space to move around. And yes, you are correct, they need 1 tank to live and another tank to lay eggs. Well, you can simply retrieve the eggs where the adults are living, however you should take out the male after they mate since the male might bother the female.