Hello from Southern California!

Trailblazr80

Hello all from Southern California. Beginning hobbyist who loves beetles, mantids, and spiders! Currently own 5 Blue Death Feigning beetles, 18 Darklings, and 6 Bess beetles. Will be adding new additions soon (jumping spiders will probably be next). I'll be posting as I learn and experiment and look forward to new advice and opinions.

Welcome! I'd love to be in Southern California. My forecast has nothing but rain in the 10 day forecast. I took a collecting trip down there a couple years back, in November, and it was better than July in Oregon. Do you see a lot of tenebrionids in your area?

Thanks for all the welcomes! I will definitely be on the lookout for more beetles as I discover new places to search. I'll need to travel further into our national forest and see what I can find. There are many tenebrionids out here! I tend to see them in the more sandier areas of some of the local state parks, and out in the desert parks, usually crossing hiking trails, day and night.