another beetle question

sorry for all the questions :huh: i want to know both ehino beetles and stag beetles mating tips. last time i had d.grantii the female wouldn't let male mate. whats wrong? and do i keep the soil moist while hibernating? and do i burry the eggs? thanks for reading. thank you for helping me.

sorry for all the questions :huh: i want to know both ehino beetles and stag beetles mating tips. last time i had d.grantii the female wouldn't let male mate. whats wrong? and do i keep the soil moist while hibernating? and do i burry the eggs? thanks for reading. thank you for helping me.

I'm sure the female will eventually let the male mate with her if you give her some time.

Yes, moist while hibernating.

and i'm not sure what you mean by burrying eggs..

Most of the time when you have a wild caught female she will already have spent "quality time" with a wild male.

It is unusual, however, that she would not let the captive male mate with her. I wonder if you were really watching the tank all day, everyday. Maybe you just missed it and she doesn't like people watching.;)

Female beetles bury eggs. If you happen to dig one up you can rebury it. Or, you can simply leave it on the surface if the cage is humid and pest free.