Tiger Beetles Anyone?

Does anyone have any experence raising any tiger beetles? I've been out looking for specimens all week and i think i found the spot to find them, im pretty sure i found a few larval holes so im hoping when it warms up that ill find some adults. Any of you have any experence finding these beetles in the field? im not even intirely sure what the larvae burrows look like, or how big they actually are, the only pictures ive seen have been way close-ups with no gide for size...

I catch the adults all the time for fun. never gone looking for larva holes though! Ive tried to keep adults in captivity before and they dont do to well. They always are so desperate to escape (constantly running against the wall of the container during the day). eventually I end up feeling bad for them and let them go :) besides that they are super quick and can fly which makes them tricky to contain.

I catch the adults all the time for fun. never gone looking for larva holes though! Ive tried to keep adults in captivity before and they dont do to well. They always are so desperate to escape (constantly running against the wall of the container during the day). eventually I end up feeling bad for them and let them go :) besides that they are super quick and can fly which makes them tricky to contain.

Thanks for the advice! Ive done a little reading up on keeping tigers and apparently to keep them from trying to escape you need to have them under a good light, besides the light and some natural soil collected from were the adults were found they are apparently prety easy to keep, i hope i can find some adults to add to my ollection =-)

we have a few varieties locally which i also have tried to raise in the past as well,they will feed and do fine for a short time,but have also had little luck with them.(even with using dark walled enclosures with bright lights as per instruction online to keep them from smashing the walls,they continue to do so)they don't seem to make very hardy captives,and i tend to release them as well after losing a few.(seems they are miserable captives...lol)

they are definitely fast and fly quite well making them incredibly poor choice as a caged inhabitant..(my opinion)

andy

I collected 4 Cicindela repanda yesterday afternoon and placed them in pairs in 5 gallon aquariums under a floresent light with another regular bulb for added light and heat. They did a good job hitting the glass when i first put them in their inclosures, that was before i had the floresent light above them, once i had that they calmed down quite a bit and started to act naturally. I havent seen them try and fly at all yet, excep when i collected them and had them in deli cups... ill try and get some pictures up soon :D