Alaus oculatus

Lucanus

• 2 weeks later...

i remember i had something like that, clickers are very cool!

i remember i had something like that, clickers are very cool!

They are quite common inside a rotten wood. Their larvae are carnivores and often feed on stag beetle larvae so I don't like to see them in a place where I collect stag beetles.

i know, poor stag beetles! why can't the larvae feed on lesser beetles such as darkling and ground beetles, stag beetles are just way too awesome! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

a personal favorite of mine there larva are the coolest yet!

My favorite species is Blind click beetle (Alaus myops) but I like this species as well.

I hate the fact that their larvae are carnivorous.

Meat eating larvas are my favorite it is interesting to see how much different they act.

Plus you can then put them in something a bit more ascetic and add plants or mosses to there containers

" i have my clicks grubs in clear glass fluted perfume jars with tiny bromeliads and small cacti" one larva per jar.

The cool thing is that they will eat anything that comes to eat the plants and it is easy to push a per killed cricket into there substrate.

there general appearance is interesting.. well to me any ways.. they have a sand worm dragon look to them ... i like grubs almost more than most of the beetles ..

horridly awesome, grumpy, pug dog color beasts, but that is what makes them so lovable right LOL

Meat eating larvas are my favorite it is interesting to see how much different they act.

Plus you can then put them in something a bit more ascetic and add plants or mosses to there containers

" i have my clicks grubs in clear glass fluted perfume jars with tiny bromeliads and small cacti" one larva per jar.

The cool thing is that they will eat anything that comes to eat the plants and it is easy to push a per killed cricket into there substrate.

there general appearance is interesting.. well to me any ways.. they have a sand worm dragon look to them ... i like grubs almost more than most of the beetles ..

horridly awesome, grumpy, pug dog color beasts, but that is what makes them so lovable right LOL

Their larvae have fearsome looking appearance but I like them. However, feeding larvae was very difficult for me because I could't provide live food. I wish their larvae were woodeater. lol