Emerging Rainbow Stag

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I have a rainbow stag that’s just turning into a beetle right now from pupal stage. Problem is he’s on his side and was just wondering if that’s a problem. I thought they needed to stretch out and harden? I’m reluctant to disturb him but don’t want him coming out deformed if it can be helped

any help appreciated

Chloe

On 7/10/2022 at 8:43 AM, Chloe said:

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I have a rainbow stag that’s just turning into a beetle right now from pupal stage. Problem is he’s on his side and was just wondering if that’s a problem. I thought they needed to stretch out and harden? I’m reluctant to disturb him but don’t want him coming out deformed if it can be helped

any help appreciated

Chloe

He will flip on his own if he needs to. Don't worry about it, unless the pupal chamber is destroyed, and he CANNOT flip himself.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, JKim said:

He will flip on his own if he needs to. Don't worry about it, unless the pupal chamber is destroyed, and he CANNOT flip himself.

So he’s in a Perspex box and has made his own chamber at the bottom which is still intact. He’s been on his side all day but moving plenty and I think he maybe can’t get purchase on the Perspex to turn. Am I being too worried or should I turn the box?