Lucanus capreolus

Lucanus

great pics,i find them alot around here in the summer,gonna try my hand at keeping them and attempt to breed any i find this year.

andy

great pics,i find them alot around here in the summer,gonna try my hand at keeping them and attempt to breed any i find this year.

andy

Thank you. They are much easier to breed than L. elaphus so I think you should try.

I want to try them!!! how do I get some! they are like my favorite beetle. I almost fell out a window catching one once!!! :lol:

I want to try them!!! how do I get some! they are like my favorite beetle. I almost fell out a window catching one once!!! :lol:

You can collect them under street lights at night. I found these while I was running down from top to bottom of 13 apartments. I got a leg cramp for doing that but I am satisfied.

You can collect them under street lights at night. I found these while I was running down from top to bottom of 13 apartments. I got a leg cramp for doing that but I am satisfied.

That's not good. I don't know what the problem is.