A bit of news off the web:

Matt K

Lies told in news stories by supposed ag 'experts' are annoying. That agent can't really believe that Dynastes and Megasoma present any risk whatsoever and if he does he has no education to comment from (saying they are pests is a complete and total lie with no basis).

Lies told in news stories by supposed ag 'experts' are annoying. That agent can't really believe that Dynastes and Megasoma present any risk whatsoever and if he does he has no education to comment from (saying they are pests is a complete and total lie with no basis).

Correct. My reason to point this out is that it is disheartening to know that the 'officials' are just automatons acting in a given situation in such a way that no real knowledge is required. It made me "guffaw" when I read it. I think the same response would have occurred no matter if the livestock had 6,8, or 10 appendages. Saddening. From my first hand experiences I have to believe they believe this.