Forked fungus beetles

Lucanus

can't see them.

please do, tried refreshing, really would like to see the picture. thanks! :D

very cool! they look like bird poop. are they of any nutritional value? how can I find wild ones? how do I culture them? wondering because I'm a major mantis keeper :)

very cool! they look like bird poop. are they of any nutritional value? how can I find wild ones? how do I culture them? wondering because I'm a major mantis keeper :)

I don't know if they have any nutritional value. This species can be found on Shelf fungus. The only requirement for this species is the Shelf fungus which is very hard find in the wild.

Will these be for sale in the spring? Do you know the exact species of shelf fungus they are feeding on or are they not specific to one type. How often are you offering fresh fungus? And what is the time span of their life cycle? Thanks in advance.

I haven't thought about selling this species because I was planning to send some for trade in spring, release some in the wild, and keep the rest. Also, I don't know how much these cost. I offered the first shelf fungus about 8 month ago and added second one about 4 month ago. As far as I remember, a single male lived about 6 month after it emerged. The life cycle took about 7~9 month from egg to pupa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haw difficult are they to keep,and where do you get them from thank you :)

They are very easy to raise since they don't require any care. The difficult part is to find their food. This species only breed on Shelf fungus which are very hard to find. I found mine on Shelf fungus near the place where I collected D. tityus.