BEETLES RULE!!!

manticora

hi, pete from the hot steamy state florida,i'm a bugman.........yeah i know aint we all :rolleyes: i keep many bugs...tarantulas,scorpions,centipedes, etc. and my main thing is predatory beetles,i'm keeping pasumachus sp. right now,ive kept the diving beetles,colosomas,cicndelas(spelling) i had anthias in the past(awsome active predators),but what i really want is the holy grail of pred.beetles..........manticora!! ooh someday i hope. finally a beetle forum! yay!

Hi Pete,

I thought you had manticora once? They are amazing but I think the large Anthias species are a bit nicer. I haven't seen any monster species in many years now (just those one-time Amblycheila). Do you have pics of Anthias and other predatory beetles?

Hi Pete,

Thanks for joining! I know there must be many others out there that have been waiting to find a committed beetle forum. The problem for us is HOW to spread the word to them! How did you find us?

Anyway, glad you made it here and excited to learn some things about beetles from you as we get this forum going!

I wasn't familiar with Anthia, so I did a web search and found this page:

http://www.beetlesofafrica.com/cat_select....Carabidae+Large.

Pretty interesting website!

Hi Pete,

I thought you had manticora once? They are amazing but I think the large Anthias species are a bit nicer. I haven't seen any monster species in many years now (just those one-time Amblycheila). Do you have pics of Anthias and other predatory beetles?

hi orin, no pics unfortunitly,sorry, the anthias i had years back were very impressive! shouldve took pics of them, the green pasumachus are doing awesome and the giant sp. from fla. aswell,i have one from arizona aswell,pretty long lived beetles.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for joining! I know there must be many others out there that have been waiting to find a committed beetle forum. The problem for us is HOW to spread the word to them! How did you find us?

Anyway, glad you made it here and excited to learn some things about beetles from you as we get this forum going!

I wasn't familiar with Anthia, so I did a web search and found this page:

http://www.beetlesofafrica.com/cat_select....Carabidae+Large.

Pretty interesting website!

hi peter, thanks! yeah, i saw your website on petbugs and under that was the link to the beetle forum,i nearly dropped to the floor :lol: the anthias are amazing beetles! the african beetle site is cool. ive kept dynastes,longhorns etc.aswell but the predatory beetles water/land are just so awesome! ive been keeping them since i was alittle "larva" :lol: myself,i'm 45 and i aint stoppin now,ahhh memories :D