What up

hymenoptera

Hi guys,

I dont keep any species from out of Australia because of our strict laws :angry: But I have a few aussie lucanids but they tend to be small. But there are some bigger species like Phalacrognathus muelleri which I keep as well as Prosopocoilus torresensis and Dorcus Wickhami which I am still trying to get my hands on. Has anyone been collecting in Australia before? I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has as I haven't had that much success.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Nice to meet you. Any chance you've got some photos of your Australian stags or some scarabs? Other than the super-common P. muelleri we don't see many images of Australian scarab relatives.

what up! welcome!! :) do you own any dynastes beetles

what up! welcome!! :) do you own any dynastes beetles

Um not yet, Australia only has 3 large species like Xylotrupes ulysses and Haploscapnes. I am going to give X. ulysses a go this year but Haploscapnes I think is a bit rarer. Apart from that you cant import insects into the country :angry: .

I would show some pics of my Lucanids but I dont have many of them becasue I haven't been collecting for very long and the ones I do have are tiny.