Breeding Concerns

cre0broter

Have like 4 or 5 subadult males, 1 or 2 subadult females, one female became subadult this morning. I have means of getting the tank to 110 degrees,but my concern is how it will affect the females and the not yet adult nymphs, as many nymphs are presubadult, I have 10 in there, 7 males, 3 females. how long after becoming adults are females of this species receptive?

hello,

congratulations on your collection of violins!

As far as I understand, the 110 temp is not truly necessary, you could keep them at 90 and still be able to produce. One of the main things is to make sure there is very little humidity in the cage.

And as far as the actual effect on the nymphs, they may just have to eat more and thus molt more frequently... at this point make sure there is flying food around, I've seen sub-adults get eaten due to shortage of food.

God luck in your endeavors my friend, it's a beautiful species!

OM

hello,

congratulations on your collection of violins!

As far as I understand, the 110 temp is not truly necessary, you could keep them at 90 and still be able to produce. One of the main things is to make sure there is very little humidity in the cage.

And as far as the actual effect on the nymphs, they may just have to eat more and thus molt more frequently... at this point make sure there is flying food around, I've seen sub-adults get eaten due to shortage of food.

God luck in your endeavors my friend, it's a beautiful species!

OM

okay, thanx :lol: