resting period info for male Allomyrina dichotoma

Firstly, Allomyrina dichotoma is no longer a valid name. It is now reclassified into Genus Trypoxylus, and the species name is dichtomus as the gender of genus has changed. Trypoxylus dichotomus is the valid name now. There is only one? species now in the Allomyrina, which is Allomyrina pfeifferi.

The resting period for Trypoxylus dichotomus is a 4 to 6 weeks. You may have a pair set up together after 4 full weeks. After first picking up of eggs, you may separate male away from female, so female can focus on laying eggs, and not having another, unnecessary mating with male. Place many jellies (4 to 6) in a single time, and don't even attempt to open a container, if you would like to have many and many more eggs.

oh, i think there was a misunderstanding.  i have just the male, just finished shedding off most of the pupa shell. i just wanted to brush up on the next steps from this with a pro like you.   I read everything i could find and just want to make sure im doing it right. everything from housing to foo d to bedding , all of that

13 hours ago, JKim said:

Firstly, Allomyrina dichotoma is no longer a valid name. It is now reclassified into Genus Trypoxylus, and the species name is dichtomus as the gender of genus has changed. Trypoxylus dichotomus is the valid name now. There is only one? species now in the Allomyrina, which is Allomyrina pfeifferi.

The resting period for Trypoxylus dichotomus is a 4 to 6 weeks. You may have a pair set up together after 4 full weeks. After first picking up of eggs, you may separate male away from female, so female can focus on laying eggs, and not having another, unnecessary mating with male. Place many jellies (4 to 6) in a single time, and don't even attempt to open a container, if you would like to have many and many more eggs.

im just checking up on the next step after a pupa emerging, make sure im doing everything right

On 6/23/2019 at 10:16 PM, teganpaxton said:

?

?? Do you still have question?

If you are keeping just an adult male, without breeding, not much things to worry about. Just feed him daily to once in two to three days with fresh beetle jellies or bananas, or any other fruits. After about two weeks you can handle them fine. He won't die out of stress unless you handle them several hours a day for everyday...

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:44 AM, JKim said:

happen to know where can I find the research/paper on the reclassification?

thanks

11 hours ago, Pewrune said:

happen to know where can I find the research/paper on the reclassification?

thanks

I don't recall which specific research paper it was for the reclassification. Per the morphological difference between Allomyrina pfeifferi with dichotomus spp. group, dichotomus spp. are reclassified to Trypoxylus out of Allomyrina. A lot and many recent researches also (because of that) discusses it as T. dichotomus, instead of A. dichotoma.